As an apex nodal co-coordinating agency designated by the Government for promoting and facilitating project exports as well as export of project construction items, Project EPC provides the following services/inputs to members both for enhancing exports as well as increasing their competitiveness:
- To provide commercially useful information and assistance to members in developing and increasing project exports as well as export of project construction items.
- To offer professional advice to members in areas such as technology up-gradation, quality and design improvement, standards and specifications, product development, innovation etc.
- To organize visits of delegations abroad to explore overseas market opportunities.
- To organize participation in trade fairs, exhibitions and buyer-seller meets in India and abroad.
- To promote interaction between the exporting community and the Government both at the Central and State levels.
- To build a database on the exports and imports.
Besides, Project EPC’s spectrum of services includes the following specific activities:
- Helping to evolve pro-active approaches to access and disseminate information in respect of overseas project possibilities to its member companies- the main focus being to achieve quantum jump in project exports.
- Co-ordinating the promotion of technical and/or economic co-operation between Indian project exporters and foreign companies.
- Promoting technology transfer especially in sophisticated technology fields, which would encourage Indian companies to jointly bid for mega projects.
- Assisting in formation of consortia and/or joint venture arrangements to facilitate bidding for or executing large projects.
- Co-ordinating with the Government to seek necessary rectifications in policies or procedures which would tend to allure Indian project exporters not only to undertake overseas projects but would also lead to making their bids more competitive.
- Co-ordinating the functioning of the Screening Committee (a statutory committee set up by the Government) to appraise and approve the project exporters in terms of their technical, financial or managerial competence against pre-set norms so as to permit only capable companies undertake projects overseas leading to better brand building in the long run.
- Playing a key role in creating an effective synergy amongst various departments of Government of Indian Missions overseas, Indian financial institutions (EXIM Bank/ECGC/RBI) and trade and export promotion bodies in India and abroad.
- Assisting Indian project exporters/exporters of project goods to receive financial assistance through the various export promotional schemes of the Government of India viz. Marketing Development Assistance (MDA), Market Access Initiative (MAI) schemes etc.
- Information Dissemination: Besides working closely with the Government of India for facilitating the industry resolve their policy and procedural issues aimed at enhancing international competitiveness, Project EPC regularly gathers information and disseminates to member information pertaining to new project possibilities overseas every month in the form of a bi- monthly bulletin designated as “Global Project News”.